Monday, January 20, 2014

Baby girl arrived, she is not potty trained.  But she is awesome and perfect.

What an experience.

The hospital smelled like an old folks home, I will not be back.

I have the ability to be completely un biased, and I have to tell you looking at our newborn baby I have to say that she is the most beautiful baby ever.  Remember that I am totaly un biased.  She is just awesome.

Why would anyone want more government?  Am I a fossil?  I hate the idea of people allowing themselves to be ruled.  And that is exactly what more government means, how could any other result come from more government?

We can say that we are "ruled" every day.  But we are ruled at a comfortable rate, that rate is now no longer comfortable in my opinion.  Those that want more laws, government programs, bureaucracy need to know that they will not be in charge.  Then they can desire big government.

Banning large cokes is just an example of how ridiculous this country is becoming.  People are going to be fat if they can, banning the cokes isn't going to make people healthier.  Kook aide will still be around and people will still be pouring 3 times the amount of sugar into that tasty drink.  Ban Sugar?

I am an old school conservative, but I can honestly say that I care less about weed.

Interesting question I heard on the radio today.  "Is weed more dangerous than football?"  My initial answer to that is no.  Not factoring in if it is a gateway drug.  To that I have no idea.

It seems that progressives want to tear down old school family units.  That is not an original thought, just a thought that I think about often.  Traditional family units produce more stable happy children that grow up to produce the same.  Why would we want to change that?  If there was a new way to do that is better I would listen, but I have not seen any evidence that supports that.

Democrats and Progressives have their stuff together.  They are all on the same page it seems.  Tear down the religious, the right wing conservatives, and the salt of the earth hard worker.  Don't get me wrong I hate the progressive movement.  But while republicans are bickering among themselves they are getting a state senator with very little experience elected to the white house.

I become more libertarian every day.

I remember going to the store to buy my first hunting license, my dad said to get the duck and goose stamps.  I said are we hunting them?  He said no, but buying them does a lot for conservation.  Looking back I never would have thought my dad even knew the word conservation.  And that was way before it became cool.


1 comment: