Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I wish I had $350,000 to kill a huge animal.  I am not sure why animal rights activist are upset about this.  That money is specifically for conservation of that species, and since ole black rhino is past the making love stage he has no chance of sireing any little rhinos.  The biggest threat is poachers and the largest contributors to conservation are hunters.  What's the issue?

And why are most "protest" photos taken really low to the ground looking up?  Kidding I know why.  They do this to make it seem like there are hundreds of people behind them backing them up.  When you and I know the truth, there are maybe 6-8 protesters.  Liberal Media

I went to a convenient store yesterday and had a coupon for some Copenhagen.  The attendant looked at it and said "we don't take those".  I said coupons?  You don't take coupons?  He said "no".  I said see ya.  That store is located on Highway 78 just east of Lavon, suprise another shell station.

I support their right to not take coupons, but they lost me as a customer.  Plus that place is brand new and already smells like a nursing home.

Any trophy hunters out there that have any excess deer meat?  I got none.

I taught myself to lift weights with a bank bag of pennies.  Over time I ended up with a full set of weights.  Never went to a gym.  I am teaching the boy how to lift, and he is starting out with dumbells of his own.  He only wants to do bicep exercises.  I told him baseball pitchers don't do bicep exercises.  Is this still true?  He was perplexed.  Todays kids seem to get bummed when they realize hard work is required to meet their dreams.  I get on to him pretty hard when he says he can't.  I feel sometime he just needs to figure stuff out on his own.  He listens to my sports advice about 20% of the time.  When he sees success from this he pays a little more attention.  He has great potential, the only thing holding him back is his own desire.  He wants to be good at sports but would rather play video games.  I have told him over and over, video games will not help you in any way with sports.  And don't give me any crap about hand eye coordination.  Catching a baseball or football while running full speed is working on hand eye coordination.  Video Games melt the brain.  He will be fine once it all clicks.

On top of attempting to give solid advice to the boy about God, sports, and girls, I have to deal with his biological father giving him the worst advice ever.  Problem is the worst advice ever is coming from his dad.  So I have to be very careful how I un teach these snippets of idiocracy.  The latest was the "dad" was telling the boy to develop his wings.  REALLY?  For those of you that don't know "wings" are the latissimus dorsi muscles in the back and can be present from the front when extremely developed.  It gives bodybuilders that hourglass figure.  In my opinion they typically get developed enough by all the standard exercises done for any sport.  No real reason to develop them unless you are a body builder.  I told him football players could care less about 'wings".

The boys dad is Full of Sh *&, always what he is going to do, and how he was when he was young.  He never does what he says and his stories of his sports glory is grossly overstated.  Per people that knew him back in the day.  I do not want that for the boy.

Baby girl is coming.




No comments:

Post a Comment