Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Went to a Maverics game last night, our seats were way up there but not bad, not bad at all.  I enjoyed it, Boy had a great time.  Boy is 12.

The video board is sized just right, I only watched it to see replays.

Speaking of, that place is sensory overload.  Mavs Dancers, Mavs Maniacs, Drum Line, Mavs Man, Mavs mascot horse thing, T Shirt sling shot Guys X 6, ads running on the video boards, ribbon boards, and signage everywhere.  I noticed once that there was a half second blip of a sponsor during action on the video board.  Could have been an accident.

We sat down right at tip off and siting directly behind us were some Eastern European 20 somethings behind us being loud.  One dropped a F bomb and before he could get the second F bomb out an elderly gentlemen sitting next to us stood up and turned to the group and said "Watch Your Mouth".  Dead silence.  One of the group sincerely apologized.  That was the end of speaking English for that group.  Good fans though, so was the elderly gentle man.

Cussing at pro sporting events?  Ok?

I like Elmore Leonard.

Did not see Cubes at the game.

I've been to a lot of Cowboys games over the years.  From around 1993 to the fall of Texas Stadium.  I had season ticket and knew most of the people around us.  All courteous, outgoing and good to be around.  Our section was a little reserved, I had a few issues when selling tickets and them being loud and obnoxious.   The next game I would hear about it.  I would just say I needed the money and sorry.  I secretly wanted our section to be the rowdy section.  Not the cussers or loud and obnoxious but loud and active seems like the way to do it.  I started going with my dad and he would only cheer on turnovers, points scored or bone head plays.  He fit right in at section 29.  I miss that place, it had a smell and Aura about it.  I went to one game at the Death Star.  Meh.  Talk about sensory overload!  Vidya Board is what it is.

For the first time in my sports fan life I am secretly rooting for other teams.  The Saints and the Texans.

Is it weird for people to cheer for teams of cities they have no connection to?

Baby Girls is a week away.  Getting nervous.















No comments:

Post a Comment